Multizone: Linking Smart Radiator Theromostats to the correct zone

Hey Gurus,

I currently have a dual zone setup, upstairs and downstairs. I have a Smart Thermostat installed in each of the zones and they operator the zones correctly.

Now I have bought additional Smart Radiator Thermostats, but I can't seem to link them to a specific zone.

So the Smart Radiator Thermostats upstairs and downstairs all trigger the heating of the Upstairs zone.

I cant seem to find anywhere in the UI where I can set this up. Can anyone help me?

Many thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Vertigo
    Vertigo ✭✭✭

Does your boiler have dual circuits and zones? If not, then its normal for any thermostat to trigger the boiler and heat "everything", but radiators that are already at their target temperatures will have their valves closed.

If you have a dual zone boiler, and two thermostats triggering each zone, then I have no experience with that and Im not even 100% sure this is supported. From a software POV, this would basically be the same as 2 houses, something I believe is not supported.

• Morning Vertigo,

Yes my boiler does have dual circuits and zones.

FYI re tados multizone feature: https://support.tado.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015267872-How-does-tado-control-a-multi-zone-radiator-heating-system-

It's the main reason why I abandoned nest for tado.

The individual smart thermostats work perfectly upstairs and downstairs. It's just the smart radiator thermostats which are the problem.
  • Vertigo
    Vertigo ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Note that that page does not mention TRVs.

• Hi did you figure this out as I am trying to do exactly the same and can't work out if it is possible
  • Thanks Dennissoliver for the answer. Yes I reached out to support last week and they had me list all the serial numbers of all my tado devices and what configuration I wanted. After which they set it up perfectly from the backend. Wish they had a UI option though....
  • Agreed, would be better to do it in the app or at least provide instructions. Glad you sorted it though

• It’s an old thread I know. But I wondered @plo, when they set it up in the back end for you. Did they use the wired thermostats as “zone controllers” and do you have smart TRVs?