Replace a Myson Touch 2 with a Tado V3+ wired

Options
Hi,
The installation app doesn’t recognise the Myson Touch 2 thermostat and wondering where the wires should go for the V3+.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You’re looking at the wrong diagram on your myson manual. Be aware that you’re dealing with mains voltage so if you’re not confident, get a professional to do it (and if you do do it yourself turn the power off first).

Otherwise l to com, a2 to no, park n
  • Bbbdaz
    Options

Yep, sorry realised I put the wrong diagram up. As you’ll see from the wired photo it reflects this diagram

My thoughts were that:

L maps to + on Tado

N maps to - (but you’re saying that this should go to Park?)

The current bridge between L to A1 maps to a bridge between + to COM,

and just wasn’t sure if A2 maps to NO or NC on Tado. So guess you’re saying it should go to NO?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Are you sure you’re confident doing this? There’s even a diagram on the Tado smart thermostat to explain where the wires go. You understand you’re working with mains current here? If you plugged a 230v wire into the digital connection on the Tado (which it’s clearly warning you not to do) you’d have a good chance of frying the smart thermostat.

There’s a generic manual here. You’re installing 230v relay https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/7k4rssnm8hbmr6mjf94qmck/104210-DIGITAL-ST01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-EN-00-V3.pdf
  • Bbbdaz
    Options

Johnny,

it must be me having a blond moment.

I can see that A2 goes to NO, and that A1 goes to COM and will require a bridge to + to reflect the current A1 to L. However, you are saying to park the current N rather than go to - which is where I’m confused in which case nothing will go to - unlike the above diagram?

I guess I was expecting to see a blue neutral wire connected to my Myson - rather than the current buff. The house is only 2 years old and connects to a Baxi Assure combi boiler.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    What are you looking at? Stop looking at the digital connections, your thermostat is installed on 230v switched relay. Follow what I told you to do, you’re confusing yourself. Don’t bridge anything. Ignore the wire colours, look at where they’re currently wired in.

Maybe put some tape over the digital connections on the far right so you’re not tempted to wire anything into them and fry the Tado!
  • Bbbdaz
    Options

Johnny,

Acknowledged and understood. Many thanks for your advice and guidance. The Tado app usually guides you through the installation/swap from one thermostat to the other but unfortunately my model isn’t currently captured, hence why raising within the forum and gaining assurance from the community before attempting it myself. Many thanks.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    No worries, just don’t confuse 230v connections with low voltage digital and you’ll be fine!
  • chunster
    Options

hi Bbbdaz,

Did you end up get it working ? i am replacing a myson with tado as well and not sure how the wiring should go. (mine looked exactly like yours)

• Bbbdaz
    Options
    Yes all worked fine. Tado rep said to use Myson Touch-RS as the model. As Johnny correctly called out: A1 (essentially the L) maps to COM, A2 maps to NO and N maps to Park (P1).