Tips for a new Tado setup?

Options

hi!

I've just bought the wired thermostat and 4 smart radiator valves in a package. I've watched a few videos from Heatgeek on Youtube, but some things are still not clear:

1. Is there a documentation how the SRVs and the thermostat orchestrate the heating together? Is the system clever enough to handle if I e.g. set the thermostat to 17C and one of the rooms with SRVs to 22C?
  2. Should I use SRVs in the same room where the Tado thermostat is or just open the valves to the max?
  3. Any other tips/DOs/not to DOs? Like I've seen in a Heatgeek video that its not recommended to have more that 1-2C difference between rooms.

I'm pretty sure that these are fairly basic questions, is there a guide on setting up a smart heating system somewhere? Thanks!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Tado works on a room basis, with one device per room set as the measuring device. You can have a room with a thermostat and no Tado trvs but it means that if another room calls for heat, the radiators in the first room will come on too.

Heatgeek’s advice is probably good for some houses but it depends on the size of your radiators, level of insulation and material the property’s built out of.
  • Sydd
    Options
    Thanks! So basically I should go nuts and put smart TRVs everywhere :)
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If you want individual room heating control then that’s the way to go, though I suspect if you look at heatgeek they would say it’s more efficient to heat the whole house at roughly the same temperature.