2 Zones plus Hot Water Newbuild

Options
Hi everyone, unfortunately there i‘ve found no one in my area that is familiar with setting up tado and i struggle to understand what products to purchase or if tado is right for us. We have a newbuild with Boiler and Hot water tank upstairs. One Thermo in Livingroom is controlling downstairs Radiators and one Thermo in Bedroom is controlling Upstairs. We also have a control panel next to the water tank where you can set the thermos and hot water on/off or different times etc. The existing Thermos are not very accurate and overshoot alot so we want to switch them to smart ones and also control our offices individual with smart valves. My problem is the control panel can we keep that for hot water or completely get rid of it and get starter kit with hot water aswell?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Are you confident with rewiring? You’ll need two Tado smart thermostats to replace your existing thermostats as a start for controlling heating. If you want to control hot water as well you’ll need the wireless receiver. If your existing programmer is three channel (controls both heating zones and hot water) it won’t be a straight replacement though, you will need someone who knows what they’re doing to rewire.
  • elainede
    Options
    Hi Johnny, i looked at the Wired Starter Kit V3 + Hot Water and one add on wired thermostat. Would this be what I need? I want to hire an electrician but he just fitted nest/hive for now so he said i need to tell him whats needed and he‘ll fit but i like to understand :)
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If you want Tado to control heating and hot water in a two heating zone house, you need one wireless receiver to control one heating channel and hot water, and an additional smart thermostat to control the other heating channel, so one wireless starter kit and one add on smart thermostat. You can add Tado trvs afterwards.