What is the use of schedule for thermostat?

Options

I wonder how and when to use schedule for thermostat. I have installed tado smart radiator knobs for all my radiators and wired thermostat for central boiler. And each device can have its own schedule. But if thermostat schedule is not in sync with radiator knobs schedule then it creates a problem. Sometimes I had a situation like, central thermostat was on heating mode, but all of the radiator knobs were reached to it's target temperature, so they were basically off. But because central thermostat still trying to heat up room, boiler was getting in error mode and shutting even hot water.

It took me sometime to figure this out, then i set central thermostat to lowest temperature, then everything is working again. I really dont understand, is this known problem? or are there different setting to avoid this situations?

Much appreciate for the response. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• hugbilly
    Options
    If the thermostat is in the same virtual room as a TRV then it should control the latter. If it’s in a room with a radiator on its own (without a TRV) then the radiator’s valves should be open
  • wateroakley
    Options

First, does your boiler have an internal bypass or require an external bypass on the pipework? Second, where you have Tado trvs on all rads, the room stat should be assigned to the same Tado room as the trv, and set as the measuring device.