How do I reduce humidity in my house

Options
Just wondering why my humidity is so high , my heating is set normal and it’s winter so I don’t want to open windows ?

Answers

• janice
    Options
    Humidity is showing high in my house how do I reduce it , it’s winter I don’t want to open windows
  • royi
    Options

@janice Sine they modified the Air comfort section the humidity figure on the is longer working properly, it's overshooting by +10% so just ignore it.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    The air comfort section has, (to the best of my knowledge) never, (ever) given any useful information that could help any users make any system changes to improve the individuals heating system.
  • RichardN
    Options

Some general tips to reduce humidity. Often there is no other option but to open a window for a bit.

1. Open a window, especially near where you have clothes drying on airer.
    2. Dry clothes outside whenever it isn't raining.
    3. If you have a tumble dryer, prefer to have it vented outside.
    4. Use a shower squeegee to remove excess water from shower screen/tiles which would otherwise evaporate.
    5. Have short showers.
    6. Always use extractor fan in kitchen when cooking. Cooking virtually anything creates moisture. As does burning gas on a hob.
    7. Switch the kettle off as soon as it boils rather than leaving it to do it itself, which can be a bit slow.
    8. Look to see if your windows have trickle vents and open those.