Smart Schedule

Options

Hi

I have just set up a Smart Schedule so that heating comes on in our kitchen in the morning. The kitchen has 2 TRVs and a wireless thermostat and are grouped into one 'Room'. It is meant to heat up at 0600 to 21 degrees.

However, it isnt working. I come down this morning and the radiators are not on.

Are there any common reasons why this might be the case please?

Many thanks, Nick

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    There are lots of reasons. If you use the desktop version of the forum you can post pictures of your wiring. If you also explain what tado devices you have, what boiler you have (system or combi) and whether your house has multi zone heating it will help.
  • NickS21
    Options

Thanks. I cant seem to upload photos here, will do at home tonight. At work.

I have a system boiler, wireless receiver, wired thermostat, 10 TRVs and a wireless sensor, as mentioned above. I believe I have a two zone heating system as, for example, when I activate a TRV downstairs, it heats up any radiator that is on and doesnt have a TRV that is calling for heat. Same principle upstairs.

Not sure if that helps?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Are you getting heating to the other rooms in the zone the kitchen is in? If so, does the kitchen room on the app have a zone controller set?
  • NickS21
    Options

It does have a zone controller set, the wireless receiver in the boiler room, which controls all the rooms in the house.

• NickS21
    Options

and this may be a really stupid question but how would i know how many zones i have/if i have a zonal system? thanks

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    If you have a multi zone system you usually will have had one thermostat for each zone before you installed Tado. Given that you only have one Tado zone controller this implies that you don’t have multi zone heating. However this doesn’t explain why the radiators in only one zone are coming on, which def implies you have two heating zones.
  • NickS21
    Options

Ok, thank you. I will do some more research tonight.

For example, if the kitchen group turns on, do the other radiators around the house without TRVs turn on...