Replace the Drayton RTS1 Thermostat to tado wired Thermostat

Options

Hi all,

Hope all of you are doing well.

I would like to seek help for the below.

The heating system now is a gas boiler + water tank.

The thermostat I am using now is Drayton RTS1.

What I see is the thermostat just got three wire to connect: N, L, "Call for heat" (NO, I guess).

If I replace it to a tado wired thermostat. What is the wire connection I should do?

I tried to find these information but just cannot find it.

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Best Answer

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think you might be better off getting a professional to do it if you’re unsure as you’re dealing with live domestic current here.

First make sure the power supply is off. If you look on the smart thermostat there are slots marked p1, p2, p3. Put n in any of them or just tape it off. Park just means putting the wire somewhere where it can’t make contact with the circuit.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Here is the information you require. Look at section 4, 230v relay. Park neutral https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/7k4rssnm8hbmr6mjf94qmck/104210-DIGITAL-ST01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-EN-00-V3.pdf
  • andecavo
    Options

Thanks!

I read this also. I wonder that I can put "call for heat" to "NO".

But what about the N wire and L wire? Please advise.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Those instructions are about as clear as you can get! Did you look at section 4, 230v?

L to com, no to no, park neutral
  • andecavo
    Options
    Thanks.

But what mean “Park neutral”? Is it mean just cover it without insert anywhere?

I am newbie in these. Thanks so much.
  • andecavo
    Options
    Ah~~~ thank you very much.
    Learn something new.

For sure I will switch off the main switch before doing this. I am now doing research on this topic.

Thank you very much. 🙇🏻‍♂️🙇🏻‍♂️🙇🏻‍♂️🙇🏻‍♂️