Question about TRVs, Thermostat and boiler

Options

Hello,

I recently installed Tado Wireless Thermostat V3+ EU version with 6 Tado wireless TRVs. Two of my radiators are in the lounge along with the thermostat then I have 4 radiators in the rest of the house.

My boiler is a Worcester Bosch 24i Junior Mk IV and as far as I can tell it doesn't support Opentherm.

My questions are:

How do the devices communicate with the boiler?

Does the bridge link the TRVs with the wireless receiver?

If I set a room to 20 degrees but the wireless thermostat to 10, does the heating still come on to serve the room? If so, is that because the TRV is telling the wireless receiver or the bridge that it needs heat?

What would be the purpose of the wireless thermostat in the lounge if there are two smart TRVs attached t the radiators?

I would be grateful if someone could explain the dynamics of how the system communicates with Tado servers and the boiler so that I understand the logic of it all.

Thank you in advance

Best Answer

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In answer to your question so long as a TRV is not set to independent it will call for heat and fire the boiler regardless of the temperature sensor being set to a lower temperature. Unless of course if the TRV is in the same “room” as the temperature sensor and the latter has been set as the measuring instrument for that “room.”

Answers

• hugbilly
    Options
    Is your thermostat wired back to the boiler or does it communicate with the latter via a wireless receiver ?
  • tam
    Options

Via the wireless receiver.