Ideal logic system boiler with v3 uk extension - boiler won’t turn off

Options
Dar82
Dar82
edited October 2023 in General Questions & Topics
Hi

I have an ideal logic s24 system boiler. All rads are on one zone. Boiler heats the hot water cylinder when turned on.

I have removed the climote programmer and wired up the v3 wireless extension with the four wires available.

Live
Neutral
Grey wire to CH Com
Black wire to CH No

4 rads have the smart thermostats that work perfect however, 4 rads have lock shield rad. The boiler will not turn off from the tado app for the lock shield rads. Hot water is not connected to the extension kit.

Can anyone help with a solution to how to get the boiler to stop constantly running ?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you made rooms in the app for the radiators and put them in the correct ones, matching the physics layout? Not sure what you mean when you say the boiler won’t turn off. Can you turn it off at all via the app?
  • Dar82
    Options
    Hi Johnny

Thanks for coming back to me. To simplify things I’ve taken off the smart thermostats. And wired the programmer up as per instructions given by tado for a climote programmer. The boiler fires up but keeps running even when it meets the wireless thermostat temperature. The boiler doesn’t cut out when I try to turn off heating from app or when it reaches temperature on the thermostat. The only way the boiler will turn off is if I physically turn off the unit myself.
  • Dar82
    Options

Hi John,

See below wiring from my climote programmer and into the v3 extension kit