1 TRV always "Heating"?

Options

Hi all,

Setup is as follows. Combi Boiler with a Tado wireless receiver connecting to TRV's and 2x previously wired smart thermostats (now functioning as wireless temperature sensors I believe!) following a house move.

There are still 2 'towel radiators' in the bathrooms that don't support TRV's, and one (as per recommendations from my heating engineer friend) has the valves open.

1 of the rooms (2x TRV's in there) is set permanently to 17 degrees. The room is reading at (and has been for hours) exactly 17.0 degrees on the Tado app. Never up, nor down. Looking at the graph for the room it's been 'on' the entire night at 1/3 bars of heat (sorry, not very savvy with the language!)

Looking at yesterday graphs during the daytime the same room was ebbing and flowing up to 17.6 and then shutting off the heat, like all the other TRV's do. Since the evening, and now into the daytime today, it's been a consistent 17 with the app saying "heating to 17 degrees"

This has caused the boiler to be on all night, leaving that one open radiator beaming with heat (lovely shower this morning mind you!).

All other rooms seem to stop heating when they hit the temp, but not this one.

Any ideas what might be going on, or how to troubleshoot further?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I would try resetting the measuring device by removing the batteries and/or setting the other trv as measuring device.
  • Stefennn
    Options

Thanks for the idea, unfortunately this hasn't made a difference. Is there any possibility that the heat simply can't reach the radiator due to the open valve of the bathroom radiator?

It's odd as all the other TRV's work as expected bar this room.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you tried setting the other trv as measuring device? Either there’s not a signal getting to the bridge (though this should show as a blank on the graph) or there’s something wrong with the thermostat.
  • Stefennn
    Options

Hey @johnnyp78, sorry for the slow reply.

I had the heating off for a few days as the weather warmed up, put it back on today and the radiator is heating above 17.0. I'll keep an eye and see if it reverts back down to what was happening last week though

Thanks for your help so far.