Thick house walls Bridge not connecting

Options

Hi

I have 4 TRVs and my bridge is connected to the internet. The property has very thick stone walls and only 2 of the TRVs are able to connect to the bridge. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

Best Answer

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sadly the only solution which tadoº currently offers is to reposition the internet bridge. There is no signal booster or repeater currently available though many people on this forum, myself included, wish such a device could be added to the tadoº range.

You will see there are several threads on this forum discussing the matter and some users seem to have achieved success by using tinfoil reflectors or home made external aerials to improve the RF performance of the bridge.

I believe others in your situation have been able to return the equipment for a full refund . . .

Answers

• SallyB
    Options

Thank you for the information. I have tried moving the bridge but it cannot reach all extremities of the house. I am thinking about using a second bridge for the far end of the house as the wifi is daisy chained so I should be able to hard wire a second bridge to the furthest router.

Thanks again, appreciate the reply

• hugbilly
    Options
    I don’t think a second bridge will work, there is a great deal of correspondence about the range issue elsewhere in these forums . . .
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Don’t bother. Tado supports one bridge per account only. Sounds like it isn’t suitable for your house.