Dual TP4000

Options

We currently have a newish build house which was fitted with two Danfoss TP4000 controllers in the lounge and master bedroom. We had a new Ideal Logic Combi c30 boiler fitted two years ago and have noticed in the past week that the controller in the master bedroom is beginning to fail which is not ideal this time of year (the controller itself seems to be losing power despite fresh batteries etc).

So we would like to have a single smart controller rather than have two controllers (ideally the wireless version) - I’m tech minded to a certain degree, so how easy will this be to achieve and which pieces of kit are required to get the system up and running?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You have a dual zone heating system so you’ll need more Tado devices, either two smart thermostats wired to the two heating zone valves or, if you want to control hot water as well and have a cylinder, a wireless receiver and a smart thermostat.
  • Sarjee
    Options
    I have a similar setup, logic combi boiler with 2 danfoss TP4000. Have ordered the wired starter kit with the aim of replacing one TP4000 and if all goes well will pickup a second wired thermostat.

Will report back.
  • Sarjee
    Options
    Replaced one danfoss with wired starter kit in about 30-40mins. Very straight forward and app was great taking me through steps.