Install query

Options
Hi, just tried installing the Tado wireless thermostat starter kit. The reason for this is that my Salus RT300 Series thermostat and radio receiver no longer are communicating. As per instruction I removed the wiring from my Drayton lifestyle lp3 controller, then labelled the wires in. However the next instruction advised this must be within a certain distance of the boiler? This is in a different room so now unsure what to do?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    What must be within a certain distance of the boiler?
  • JHaydo10
    JHaydo10
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Sorry, the installation video indicates that the programmer must be within I believe a metre of the boiler. The problem I have is that the controller in in another floor as the boiler is in the attic. I was hoping it was as simple as replacing it but now concerned it won't work. Also, if I did simply replace the Drayton controller with tado do the salus rf reciever become obsolete (hope so as it is this and the wirless thermostat) on which do no seem to be working
  • hugbilly
    Options

I don't think there's any restriction with regard to the wireless receiver's distance from the boiler as it's hard wired to it. What can determine the success, or not, of a tadoº installation is the ability of the internet bridge, the wireless temperature sensor, and the wireless receiver's ability to communicate via RF. Here distance can be a factor . . .

• GrayDav4276
    Options

I think that tado recommend a distance of 1 mtr because that is the length of the cable that tado supply with the kit.

• JHaydo10
    Options
    Thank you. Really appreciate your answers. So I've now replaced the Drayton controller with the Tado. All the lights are showing as expected and connection present between bridge and thermostat. Unfortunately, though, my boiler, logic combi 30 is showing message stating "no room stat is off". No idea where to go from here as ne t to that was a salus rf which was connected to a junction box feeding the boiler too. Don't seem to able to share photos via this service
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    You can share photos on the desktop version of the forum. Just to clarify, is the boiler working with Tado? If not, from what I remember of some ideal boilers you may need to put in a timer link plug. There should be instructions in the manual. Unfortunately if you don’t have one you’ll need to order it.