Heat specific device with any call for heat

Options
Is there a way I can heat a specific radiator (with smart thermostat) when there is any call for heat on the system? I know I could just fit a lockshield both sides of the rad but I also want to be able to call for heat on this specific radiator at other times.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Fitting a manual trv and leaving it open or not having any trv at all might be the easiest way.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

but I also want to be able to call for heat on this specific radiator at other times. That's the problem! It cannot be smart and independent/manual at the same time. The nearest you can get is to ensure that all schedules for all other rooms are mirrored for this particular room which leaves you with the issue of ad hoc 'out of schedule' calls for heat in other rooms.

• wateroakley
    Options

The only answer that I think could work is to leave the original device as 'independent', and place a second device in the room. Label the second room as the 'smart' device and attached to a 'zone controller' in the settings. Then you're working with just two 'room' schedules to mirror or ad hoc. The method should work with either a TRV or wireless room stat. A bit clunky, but the best I can come up with?