Help for a newbie who has just installed!

Options
Hello, I’m hoping someone can help me - newbie here!
I have a Valliant Home Combi 35 with a Neomitis RTE1a thermostat downstairs which controls all the downstairs heating and a Neomitis RTE1a thermostat upstairs which controls all the upstairs heating.

I installed the Tado Wired Smart Thermostat today and replaced the downstairs Neomitis thermostat and followed the instructions perfectly. All seemed to install as expected and I was able to instantly turned heating on and off via the Boost Heating to just quickly test it was connected up.
I bought 8 x Smart Radiator Thermostats for various radiators in the house and I have installed 7 of these so far both upstairs and downstairs.

Even though I have connected and paired the radiators upstairs - if I turn that radiator on and say to full 25 degrees then the radiator does not heat up!
Is this something to do with the thermostat upstairs?
Surely I don’t need a 2nd Tado Wired Smart Thermostat for the upstairs also?

I also have a few radiators without the appropriate valve - one of these being a main bedroom. I assume i can just get a new radiator valve to convert this? See below pictures - one with the correct value for the Smart Radiator Thermostat and the other radiator where the value is not the correct one. For radiators down stairs where there isn’t a Smart Radiator Valve - these heat up regardless of what radiator I have turned on I.e. if I ask for the kitchen only radiator to come on downstairs then all those radiators ‘without the smart valve’ will heat up - is this correct?

Your help / advice appreciated!? Thanks 👍🏼

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Surely I don’t need a 2nd Tado Wired Smart Thermostat for the upstairs also?

You do, as you have a dual zone heating system. At the moment you will only be able to control the heating in the lower half of the house with Tado.

For radiators down stairs where there isn’t a Smart Radiator Valve - these heat up regardless of what radiator I have turned on I.e. if I ask for the kitchen only radiator to come on downstairs then all those radiators ‘without the smart valve’ will heat up - is this correct?

Yup, that’s correct.

• Thank you for your help and response, appreciated.
    Down stairs for radiators where I don’t have a TRV - should I’m get the connector changed so I can put a smart radio valve on? I don’t want these radiators always coming on as soon as I set an individual radiator to come on e.g. I’ve a radiator in the hall which leads to all other rooms downstairs - if I just want the kitchen radiator on then the hall radiator will come on too as well as the downstairs toilet. How can I stop this or will every single radiator downstairs need a smart value?
    Thanks again!
  • johnnyp78
    Options

Every radiator you don’t want to come on will need a Tado trv unless you turn it off manually.

• I’ve been told tonight also that there must always be one ‘open’ radiator in a zone so a radiator not closed manually or has a TRV on it!
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    That’s a good idea. It may not be necessary but it’s a good precaution to take.