2 thermostats to power 2 pumps for UFH and radiator systems from Heat pump.

Options

Hi Sorry new to this. We have just had a heat pump installed with its own controls that are ok but not slick and clunky to control/ edit times etc. For info we have a buffer tank (separate to DHW) installed which the correct set of controls might allow me to heat up without heating the whole house at 'cheaper rates'

Anyway We have 2 zones that whether correct or not are controlled direct from individual pumps. The UFH is connected to a Tado wireless thermostat and the radiator (upstairs system) is zoned off a none smart thermostat. Basically if either thermostat calls for heat the pump fires up and delivers the goods to the relevant bit.

I've installed some Tado trv's to control 4 of the 6 radiators - the other 2 are on none trv and were heat dumps for our old solid fuel heating system - i could upgrade them to smart trv's if helped. I would like to be able to switch the radiator pump on and off directly as otherwise if i shut all the trv's down the pump would just cycle itself never getting upto the thermostats temperature..

Looking on these forums its suggests I can't get another wireless on the same system (i'm presuming because they are on the same frequency?) Would a wired thermostat work simply used as an on off switch without the temp element - would have to be cited away from the upstairs though?

In my haste to get going have I thrown money at a problem and missed a trick?

Thanks for your help

Matt.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I can’t help with your specific problem but I can say that you can have multiple smart thermostats (wired/wireless, they can do either) in a single Tado setup. You might be thinking of wireless receivers, of which Tado says it only supports one per system.
  • MattK123
    Options

Thanks Johnny So can't buy say another wireless starter kit as the receiver will get confused with the existing one - perhaps wired it is then. Cheers