Tado Wired Thermostat Replacing Mains Powered Danfoss TP5000

Options
Hi all

Have seen a number of posts with similar circumstances but what’s throwing me off is that my TP5000 is mains powered whereas all others i’ve seen are battery.

I have an Ideal Logic Combi ES35 boiler, with 2 zones for heating controlled by two TP5000 controller/thermostats (upstairs and downstairs).

I would like to replace the downstairs controller/thermometer with a wired Tado V3+. It seems it should be a fairly straight swap over and the Tado should just go in place of the existing TP5000, but it looks like the Tado is battery powered whereas the TP5000 was mains powered.

Is it just a case of capping off the power supply wiring? Or is there more at play? Each controller is wired to a WB12 wiring box which then goes to 2 solenoids for each heating zone.

Thanks

Callum

Comments

• Pictures of set up and wiring attached
  • wateroakley
    Options

iirc you are right. The wired stats should do the job and (subject to the wiring plan) park the 240v supply and link to COM.

Depending on your house layout and wiring, I’d probably suggest using a wireless starter kit for the first zone valve, and replace the wired tp5000 thermostat. For the second valve, use a wired Tado stat to replace the tp5000. You’ll need 240v to power the wireless receiver. For the wired stat, park the 240v wires and probably link power to COM on the wired Tado stat that uses batteries. Reach out to Tado support for wiring.