New Setup Help

Options

So I am installing TRV's on all my rads, I have the main hallway thermostat connected to the boiler to trigger and call for heat. Now I have added a wireless temp sensor into the main rooms. How do I setup, so the person in say Room 1 can set the temperate on the wireless temp sensor, so that opens the TRV on Room 1 at achieve that setpoint. If I add the Temp Sensor and TVR to the same room in the App, would that work? How does Room 1 know to fire the boiler via the main hallway stat when Room 1 calls for heat, but close the TRV in the hallway for example?

Sorry if im missing something.

Comments

• SPT
    SPT ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Tado's smart heating system is designed to provide zoned heating control with individual room temperature adjustments using smart radiator thermostats (TRVs) and wireless temperature sensors. To achieve your desired setup, you'll want to configure the system properly within the Tado app. Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. Install TRVs: Make sure you have installed Tado TRVs on all your radiators.

2. Install Temperature Sensors: Place the wireless temperature sensors in the rooms where you want to control the temperature.

3. Grouping: In the Tado app, group the TRV and the temperature sensor in the same room. You can do this by creating a room within the app and adding both the TRV and the sensor to that room. For example, you can create a "Room 1" in the app and add the TRV and sensor to it.

4. Boiler Connection: The main hallway thermostat should remain connected to the boiler to trigger and call for heat when any room requires it. The Tado system is designed to manage this automatically.

5. Individual Room Control: When you set a target temperature in "Room 1" through the Tado app, the TRV in that room will adjust itself to reach that temperature. If "Room 1" needs heat, the TRV will open to allow hot water flow to that radiator. Simultaneously, if other rooms also need heat, their TRVs will open accordingly.

6. Smart Control: Tado's smart algorithms will coordinate the heating system, ensuring that the boiler is triggered when any room calls for heat. It will also adjust the TRVs in other rooms to maintain their set temperatures.

7. Open Window Detection: Tado also has features like open window detection to conserve energy. If a window is opened in any room with a TRV, it will signal the TRV to temporarily close, preventing wasted energy.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    Welcome to the Community forum @SPT
    Are you (by any chance) a tado employee rurking in disguise.
  • SPT
    SPT ✭✭
    Options
    @GrayDav4276 if I'm going to be totally honest I did use a bit of AI to perfect the response. I'm not an employee, but if Tado want a software support manager, I would apply!
  • wcavanagh
    Options

Thank you that is perfect