After Battery change in my room stat my heating will not turn off

Options

I recently changed the batteries in my tado room stat now My boiler does not turn off, I have had it for a few years & this is the first time I have had a problem. Does anybody know how to fix

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Try restarting the bridge and and re-pairing it with the smart thermostat. Sometimes if a device wired to the boiler loses connection with the bridge it leaves the heating in its last state, either on or off.
  • Tim721
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I have tried this & it has not worked, any more ideas
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Can you provide more info on your setup and what is happening? Is this a wireless room stat (that will be the wired connection to the S-Plan or Y-Plan valve to boiler via the Tado remote CH * HW box?) - what lights are on where? Or is the heating/boiler connected via a wired Tado stat?

Likely suspects are the plumbed S_Plan or Y-Plan valve: a dodgy motorised head or a seized valve? Second suspect could be a stuck microswitch in the Tado wireless remote box?

• Tim721
    Options
    Hello thanks for the reply.
    Yes this is the room stat I am having problems with, it is connected to a combi boiler. So it is a 2 wires system. The wires run directly to the boiler. As soon as I insert the room stat onto the wall mounted bracket the heating comes on and stays on until I unplug it again, I have tried turning the bridge. Then inserting the batteries. This makes no difference, it's like the relay in the stat stays closed.
  • Tim721
    Options

The relay is not working it is always closed, so I need to remove it & replace it