TRV thermostats open without requesting heat for a back boiler stove

Options
I have a back boiler stove that heats my radiators and hot water when we use it. - in addition to our burner

Every time I do this, I have to unplug all the TRVs manually.

My friends laugh at me because of this.

Why is there not a mode to open the valves without requesting heat?

This would also help with bleeding radiators and solve many problems for others.
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    make the rooms zone controller independent and as far as I can tell you’ll get what you want. You’ll have to assign a zone controller again afterwards if you want them to call for heat from the boiler.
  • wateroakley
    Options
    I’d concur with Johnny.
  • Kevin0005
    Options
    Appreciate the reply @johnnyp78.

What do you mean by zone controller independent?

I have every room on a Tado trv with its own schedule.

I have one wall thermostat that is not in use as the radiators request all heat.

Thanks
  • Kevin0005
    Options
    Okay, think I’ve found it.

So for every room, I have to switch it to independent and then change the temp to open the valves.

Then at the end of the day, go back into every room and change the setting back..

Appreciate the work around, but surely this process can be improved
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

That’s not the way it should work. With all the Tado trvs set as independent, they act like a time and temperature set dumb trv. Your main Tado wall thermostat, wired or wireless, should call for heat according to the schedule?

• Hi Kevin, this is exactly the answer I'm currently trying to find. The Tado rep I'm speaking to doesn't understand what I'm asking, which is frustrating.
    Was there a solution to this problem?