Serial number / age

Options
I have a variety of different radiator thermostats and I’m looking to phase out the oldest. Do the serial numbers indicate age and/or model?

E.g. I have;
- VA183461XXXX
- VA206818XXXX
- VA380070XXXX

Are they oldest to newest in that order?

Thanks

Answers

• ajsamuels
    Options

Why do you want to phase them out?

• DBatchelor
    Options
    Moving to a new home with fewer radiators so I’d like to drop the oldest ones which I assume will be the least reliable
  • davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

It's a reasonable assumption that the higher the number, the newer the unit.

However, I bought my TRVs in two boxes of 4 within weeks of each other and serial numbers are all over the place so it appears like it's a randomly generated number!

I can't tell you which batch each came from but the 7 I have installed have serials starting as follows

• VA077
    • VA106
    • VA287
    • VA308
    • VA374
    • VA384
    • VA394

Possibly Tado can give you the manufacture date for each one but why not just install what you need and keep the remainder as spares?

• DBatchelor
    edited October 2023
    Options
    That was my fear, thanks for the response! I was planning on keeping them as spares I’ll just take a punt on which I think are oldest.
  • How is it this information isn't listed on the Tado support site, or even better, in the app? The change battery guide tells you which models accept rechargeable batteries, but doesn't tell you how to identify the model. Surely we shouldn't have to be making 'reasonable assumptions'?

Is there anyone from Tado on these forums (I'm new)?