Where is the "Balance AC" option in the Android app?

Options

Hi.

I am located in the UK. I have purchased a Tado wired starter kit, and I intend to use it to control the heating in my house. Key details: Modern house (2020), Octopus agile pricing, Daikin air source heat pump, and stupid (!!) John Guest heating thermostat and controls. I have the necessary knowledge and experience to wire it all up.

I have installed the Tado app on my phone. I have registered an account in Tado. The thermostat is paired with the hub, and the details on the Tado site matches my thermostat.

Next step is registering for Tado's smarter heating control (Balance AC). And this is where progress stops. All examples of using the Tado android app point to screenshots with the "Balance AC" option being available in the Settings tab, under Auto Assist. The option is not available, anywhere. And the app is (as far as I can see) not in need of an upgrade. Nor can I find the setting on the Tado website. What am I missing..?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    This is not my area of expertise but wouldn’t balance AC only be available if you had the Tado a/c control?
  • lerlands
    Options

Yep, I may be confusing it with the Tado "Balance" service, which shifts the heating (no AC) to when it is cheapest. D'oh ...😛