Thermostat Inaccurate

Options
My main thermostat is measuring far too high. For the last few nights it’s been showing ambient temperature 20C, vs real temperature (measured by another thermometer next to it, and by my body) is 12-13C. I’ve tried the troubleshooting page but that just suggests an ‘offset’ - there isn’t an offset feature for that device when I go to Settings. The system worked fine all through last winter- I want it to do the same this year too.

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options

The most I’ve used the temperature offset feature is a couple of degrees for a TRV on a big radiator. Can’t imagine that the offset feature should be used for an 8 degree offset on the room stat. Assuming it’s a wireless stat, first try taking the battery out. Leave out for a couple of minutes and refit. You could also try a fresh battery. If it still behaves the same, points towards a faulty thermostat.

• Phillip_PAL
    Options
    The 'temperature offset' is confusingly found on the settings of the room rather than the device itself.

Could it be this has accidentally been set to 8.0 degrees?

However if you are using a tado SRT as measuring device they are notorious for bad readings when the Heating is on. I found mounting the valve horizontally helped a bit but ultimately fitted the expensive remote wall thermostat once they became available.
  • boundah
    Options

Thanks Phillip! I use a wired smart thermostat in my hall - that's the one over-reading. Individual room SRTs actually seem pretty accurate. I adjust temp on the main thermo & SRTs via the app, not on the devices.