Duel Honeywell Programmers when Using TADO Wired Thermostats

Options

Hi All

I have no doubt this would have been covered elsewhere, if so, I would appreciate your guidance.

I recently moved into a new property with underfloor heating in all the rooms. Each room has a wired thermostat that I replaced with Tado Wired Thermostats. All of the installs seem to be working fine my problem/question is with the programmers in the boiler room.

See attached photo. The top programme controls the hot water, with one channel controlling the times the boiler comes on and the second channel controlling the water pump.

The second controller controls the underfloor heating with one channel controlling upstairs and the other downstairs. My problem is that in all cases irrespective of whether or not the rooms are demanding heat or not the boiler remains on heating water, ultimately dumping it via the bypass. (note that I know that in the picture the boiler is on as water is heating).

Should I now be replacing this underfloor heating programmer with something else? I'm happy with the way the hot water is programmed I'm looking for more control of the heating where the boiler comes on with demand and not based on the programmed times. I do need to do further looking into the system.

Update: On further looking it looks like I could replace both of these Tado Extension Kit Wireless Receivers? If so can my app control both the water and water pump and then the second control u and downstairs circuits? I am keen to keep the upstairs/downstairs split given that more often than not the downstairs heating is enough and bringing the house to a good temperature

Best Answer

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Theboundary,

Thank you for your contribution to the tado° community forum. Unfortunately, it appears your post has gone unanswered. If the issue you've described still persists or if you continue to have questions about tado° products and services, please do not hesitate to outline these in a new post.

We are making concerted efforts to revitalise the forum in order to ensure a more lively community space.

Looking forward to future discussions!