Feature Development not existent?

Options
When I got into the tado-system in 2018, the community was active and feature requests were at least considered. Back then there wasn’t much capacity to develop much but since then team size increased rapidly. What hasn’t increased is feature development. Since 2019 there hasn’t been much that actually changed. Some face lift on the app, some additional statistics and a subscription system that puts all automation behind a payment wall. 4 years and apparently 40 hired developers later there is still no multi-user support for the automations (a capability EVERY other smart heating system offers), there is still no multi-schedule, no multi-home support, and the comfort temperature range is still unnecessarily high. Since 2019, an astounding 6 requested features have been implemented. Where are all those developing resources going to? Into the development of the wireless thermostat? Doubt. Probably into the new car energy system. Amazing how you’ve left your tado community hanging.

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

You said: there is still no multi-schedule, no multi-home support, I know you are aware that your list could stretch a fair way beyond those head-line issues but whatever the reasons for tado's total lack of 'involvement' are, it's plain to see they do not give a Tinker's Cuss for the members here but more important and scary, for me, is that there really cannot be a future for this model given the huge backlog of development required just to catch up with some of the basics of competitors?

• V_K
    Options

@samd I just listed the most requested features from the past 5 years to make a point of the neglect tado is acting with. Back then I jumped into the system because the tado team seemed engaged and interested into their customers ideas and requests. Unfortunately it has shown this isn't the case. I will get rid of my system as soon as I see need for expansion, although I feel bad leaving it to someone else. At least one less new customer that would be paying for subscription as I am still one of the old users. I for sure won't spend another single dollar on any of the devices. Maybe they prove otherwise until I will have to cross the bridge of selling my devices but I heavily doubt that.

• srichards
    Options

Early start still doesn't work properly. Hasn't in years. Early ones did seem to work. No idea what they messed up.

Care and protect still doesn't show correct actual active heating time.

Energy IQ is still nonsense due to above.