Planning my heating system.

Options
TheCod
TheCod
edited September 2023 in General Questions & Topics
Hi all,

I've come to the community because tado support seem to be unable to gave me a straight answers for some reason and we end up going around in circles.

I think they quite simple questions really which should be yes or no answers.

During a total house renovation, I ripped out the old heating system with Hive thermostat. I've created 3 zones. Upstairs radiators, Downstairs radiators and Kitchen extension underfloor heating. I pre brought a Wireless Smart Thermostat Starter Kit V3+ (EU Version) because I want Opentherm to work with my boiler.

What I can't get tado support to confirm is that the boiler I brought which is a Valliant ecotec plus 940 boiler is compatible. Also whether I can use the wireless thermostat downstairs along side a wired thermostat for upstairs and wired thermostat for the underfloor heating? Do they all have to be wired?

My other question is what makes the Tado wired thermostat compatible with the underfloor heating system? I'm not replacing a old thermostat I'm creating a new underfloor heating system.

The support team don't seem to be able to give me any straight answers

Thanks ahead to any replies.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I can’t answer your question about underfloor heating but I don’t see any way you can use opentherm with a multi zone system. Because you’re wiring to zone valves you can only use relay. Everything needs to be wired - you can use the thermostat wirelessly but it would need to be connected to either another wired thermostat or a wireless receiver wired to the zone valve.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    Do not even consider tado..... All you get is a whole lot of pain.