Why has my main bedroom trv switched on?

Options

The turn off all rooms button appeared again.even though I pressed it last night (and the night before and the night before etc…)

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you set a schedule? It will only turn off the rooms until the next time block.
  • Grayze
    Options

Wouldn’t it change the status in the app? It’s still showing as off.

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Can you explain a bit more clearly? Not quite sure what the problem is. Are the rooms set to frost protection on schedule?
  • Grayze
    Options

As you can see from the app, I have had the heating on away mode and I have previously clicked the turn off all rooms button. Yesterday, I heard the trv turn on and call for heat. I checked the app and found the above which appears to show all of the room devices off/frost protection and the turn off all rooms button has re appeared. This has happened several times through the summer.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you set a schedule in away mode? When you say the trv is calling for heat, is the boiler coming on or is it just the trv valve turning?
  • Grayze
    Options
    Away mode is set to frost protection no schedule. The heating/boiler is coming on
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If you pay for a subscription, if you click on the care and protect button you should be able to see if any room is calling for heat, though unfortunately it looks like you don’t. You can also check the room heating graph to see if the Tado devices have lost contact with the bridge at any point. Otherwise it might be a question of contacting Tado to ask why the room is calling for heat when the target temperature is lower.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

You can set on a per room basis to override AWAY status so it acts on Home schedule. Is that what you have done by mistake?

Select Smart Schedule>Room>Then select each heat episode for that room and you then have Geofencing control.