Domain Blocked

Options

When trying to turn on the heating I found the App could not connect. I turned to the PC it says the mytado.com is blocked, specifically the Domain is Blocked. No error messages on the APP or the PC. So it isnt a WiFi problem.

The only thing I have done recently is replace the UPS which meant the whole internet for my house was turned off for a few days - but everything else works now inclding the WiFi

My system is a simple one with no tvs just 'dumb' thermostats and the 'smart' tado thermostat for the whole house - the smart side doesn't appear to work.😓

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Try https://app.tado.com/en/main/home. Sounds like an issue with your router though.
  • Hill
    Options

I have no problems except with Tado. I can't use the address you quote as that is Domain Blocked on my broswer (Firefox) - i have difficulties enough getting here as my password needs changing everytime, and yes I do use a password manager to prevent finger slips etc

It reminds me of several times it was Cloudfare, where the web site had not configured it correctly.

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Works fine for me. Either your router or your network provider is blocking the domain. What happens when you use the app on your phone on a mobile data signal?
  • Hill
    Options

The Tado App on the smart phone (mobile) shows an orange blank except for a small message saying it "Connecting to the server has failed. Please check the internet", the connection to the internet is working for everything else. It is odd because I can reach here afterall.

My network provider is Talktalk, I haven't had them block anything to date. My router is an eero set up and its App notes Tado being online.

The Tado Thermostat still works in manual mode only, so it is talking to the controller.

Anyway, thank you for your comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I think you should talk to Tado support. If you can’t connect on a mobile signal there’s something wrong with your account.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

Check for any add blockers - could they be blocking a particular domain?

• Hill
    Options

Thank you for that comment fafm5 - I made sure they were not active on my PC and I dont think I have any on my mobile - i have tried support to no response as yet but I will try again

• Hill
    Options

I'm seriously thinking of moving from Tado to An Other system, there are some, where I can get someone to come and fix it if there is a problem

• Hill
    Options

oh, bye the bye - I have uninstalled the App and re-installed after the Android mobile was reset - no change

• Hill
    Options

I eventually had a word with Tado support, and they said this was a known problem with eero6 routers, eero needs to be told to update to allow tado access, I also adjusted via eero app that Tado item was never to be blocked, by the eero app. This afternoon, no Domain Blocking but I have to rebuild the Tado App and it doesnt recognise my email addresses or says it is used by another user (yes me!) -this will take a while but seems hopeful. At least I can now adjust the schedule etc using the website from my PC

• Hill
    Options

So unsuccessful, I cant connect the boiler and have no heat or hot water so far and am now looking for an installer that will reset and not a full installation (replacing everything)

• Hill
    Options

Ah well, no installer offical or not. However, a Homecare/British Gas Engineer came, he discovered the Extension Kit had been fried as well as a fan in the boiler so it was unable to work. An electrical surge he diatgnosed. As I had no contact with a Tado installer I was unable to acquire parts from them and what a surprise my Internet failed not long after my last post. So no components from there, so I am a Hive user now, bye bye Tado and so by by you all too I suppose.

• SPT
    SPT ✭✭
    Options
    @Hill will you now apologize to Tado as this was an issue with your eero6 router? Lol
  • SPT
    SPT ✭✭
    Options
    @Hill Hive isn't even Opentherm so it'll not be efficient.