User access to selected rooms only

Options
Hi,

Is it possible to give a user access to selected rooms only? Eg the kids only for their room and the living room? Or an au pair only for her room and the shared bathroom for example?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It isn’t I’m afraid.
  • wateroakley
    Options

As Johnny says, I’d say no.

if you want to wire multiple wireless receivers or wired thermostats, you could link and setup the rooms with multiple accounts. An awful lot of faffing around though …

• davidlyall
    Options

It's been mentioned in the other forum a couple of times and I think would be a really useful addition to the service as long as they also made it possible to geofence those rooms on that person's location

As with many wish-list features, I wouldn't hold my breath for Tado to implement. The most requested features that have not been implemented are below. Most of these have been spoke about for years

1. Multi-home support. Feels like there's more threads on this than anything else!
    2. Remove 10 room limitation
    3. Range improvements/multiple bridges/mesh networking

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Never gonna happen with the current generation of tado devices.
  • davidlyall
    Options
    I can't see why @GrayDav4276

The technology to do it should all be in the back-end systems
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

When I say "never gonna happen"......what I mean is it's never gonna happen because tado do not have the appetite to make it happen.......along with many other technical improvements that "may be" technically possible.......

• jdj1930
    Options

Thanks for the comments, even if not satisfying. All these should indeed be simple in the backend / UI to customers. Is the technical backlog of tado visible to its users? Can we somehow upvote certain ideas?

• BoutTime
    Options
    I'd like to limit app access for my kids to their bedroom TRVs only. And also limit the maximum temp that can be set. This should be very easy for Tado to implement.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

It might be easy for tado to implement......but they are not interested in this type of improvement to their system as it brings no benefit to tado