Changing batteries after 2 weeks

Options
Hi. I am using a Tado system with wireless thermostat, a connection device by the boiler and a pairing kit in the router. Sorry but I am not familiar with the technical language in this matter. In the past 4 months I've change the batteries on my thermostat every 2 weeks. Why does it drain so fast and why is restarting every 4-6 hours? I've tried to pair again the whole kit but it does the same. Can someone please help! Thanks

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you contacted Tado? Sounds like a technical fault.
  • wateroakley
    Options

@Vladi That’s a faulty unit Vlad. Ask the supplier for a replacement.

For comparison, we have one faulty TRV from 24 in two homes. Steady battery drain is 10mA and lasts just 7 days with rechargeable 1900mAh eneloops. None of the other TRVs behave like that. Three wireless thermostats are 18 months, 15 months and 8 months, without changing the original batteries.

• Vladi
    Options
    Thanks for the answer guys. I am just stuck with this one. I will have to order a new one. It seems that Tado has a bit of a problem with the wireless thermostat. Searched online and many customers are facing same or similar issues with the Tado devices. Shame.
  • Vladi
    Options
    Update! I was speaking with someone that is a using Tado devices. Apparently if your battery runs out completely and it takes a few days to change your batteries, you will need 3 sets of batteries to restart the device. I know it sounds weird but it worked for me. So the first 2 sets kind of jump started the device each 24 hours into the device while the 3rd one make it work. Why I said jump started is because the first 2 sets became completely drained of power. So, I don't know if it makes much sense but it works now.