Alexa and Tado app

Options
I have a lodger upstairs and can control her heating from alexa . I control my downstairs area where I live with Alexa too. Is it possible for the lodger to install the Tado app (she doesn’t have an alexa devise) so that she can control her heating from the tado app and if for example she forgets to turn it off when leaving the house I can turn it off via Alexa?

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

@bornjoyful You should be able to ‘invite’ your lodger to get access to the Tado app on her phone and/or tablet/pc with her own email address. Then, both of you can control what happens. Set her phone as a geofence device and you should both get notifications if she is away to turn off the heating, and nearing home as a reminder to turn the heating on. That’s one of the routines the mrs and I use to keep tabs on the heating and minimise waste.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Your lodger would have the same rights/access to all your tado devices.....which could cause a bit confusion.....tbh
  • My lodger now has the app and I will update on how well it works for both of us. This weekend she is away for 3 days and it was great to be able to just turn off her rooms from the app as she forgot. I can also monitor how warm she is making the upstairs.Heating was only turned on this week though so