Update thermostat settings after adding a heatpump to my system

Options

Hi,

I'm about to install a hybrid heatpump to my system. This will require an update to the settings of my Tado Smart Thermostat and Smart Radiator buttons - I've been reading that Tado Support can do this for you, but how on earth am I supposed to contact them? Is there a link for creating a support ticket?

Many thanks, Peter

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Not sure that you need to update the TRV settings but regardless, you can contact Tado like this https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3590239-how-can-i-contact-tado-customer-support
  • tpftpf
    Options

Tado is not willing to support Free Cooling for Geothermal Heatpumps!

Therefor you do not need to change anything.

Shame on them!

• ulbac
    Options

Actually you still need to contact them: the settings should be changed to avoid too much on/off cycles. Tado can apparently change the control settings so that your system remains on for a given minimum time. This is very important with heatpumps.

It is however indeed an issue that tado cannot control the cooling functionality of heatpumps. However, I would also blame some heatpump manufacturers for inventing their own communication protocols... Maybe sticking to one like OpenTherm would already have been a nice move.