Heating system tripping electrics

Options

Had tdao system installed for years, Last year had to buy a new starter kit.

Togiht heating system started tripping the electrics - so had to switch off.

I have Bridge, Hot water controller, Wireless themostat, and 6 radiator valves.

Might not be tado related, but where do i start in trying to work out what part of the system is causing the issue. ?

Answers

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options

Is it tripping as soon as you apply power to the heating system or only when heating or HW is calling for heat?

I'm assuming it's the latter in which case, are you running an S plan system? I'd be looking to try to establish when the trip happens. On my S-plan system, the sequence of events for CH or HW is

1. Tado relay switches
    2. Motorised valve opens
    3. Once valve is open, that triggers pump and boiler to start

I think the above is pretty standard (possibly for Y-plan too) so if you can establish at which point the trip occurs, it should help to isolate the faulty component. My guess is that it's not Tado but more likely the boiler

Good luck!

• Tucker3738
    Options

Tried investigating tonight, started by removing batteries out of wireless themostat, and so far this seems to have solved the problem.

Will replace batteries with new and see if it then fails.

Currently hot water on with no issues, and one trv calling for heat, again with no issues

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't see how your wireless thermostat could possibly be the cause since by definition it has no physical connection to the system

Is still recommend checking everything thoroughly
  • Tucker3738
    Options
    I don't understand it as well, but new batteries in and all seems well so far.

Last night we had nothing calling for heat and nothing calling for got water and it would trip after about 5 minutes