Tado AC control

Options
I’ve just purchased a tarp AC control to use with my LG aircon. I was having issues with the temp of the AC being different to the actual room temp and not turning the AC off when a temperature was reached.

I was hoping the Tado would do this but seemingly this feature has been removed. Is there anyway around this. The task I giving me the correct temp but then the AC is still running and so the temp is going below what I’ve set on the Tado.

If there is no work around why actually is the benefit of the tado if I have Wi-Fi control?

Comments

• Rob26599
    Options
    Thanks, I had a feeling that was the case.

I can’t see many people who would actually want one. Seems Tado have actually gone backwards by removing the thermostat function.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a controller that will turn AC on and off based upon n the room temperature?
  • MichielTado
    Options

@Rob26599 There is a solution by using Homekit automations. 

You can automate to turn on your AC at a (very) low temperature if the temperature measured by a sensor is higher than the desired temperature. And make an additional automation in Homekit to turn of the airco when the desired temperature has reached your goal. If you place your sensor at the loction you want to regulate the temperature it would work.

It is a crude solution but it works (almost) the same as the removed thermostat function. That function was removed for a reason, it is a very bad solution to manage the temperature of a room by switching the AC on/off. ACs modulate their output and fanspeed, instead of just binary switching the AC on or off. Besides that, the AC beeps every time it is switched on or off.

But if you still want the thermostat function, than Homekit automations are the way to go :-).