Everything gone wrong after system was drained to fix radiator

Options

I had to have a radiator valve fixed and a plumber came round to to this. I turned the boiler off and he drained the system. When he filled it up again nothing worked. The boiler is on but will not fire up despite both the hot water and heating being on. (I have to have the hot water on to have the heating on as it is a weird 2 pump system) i have a vailient 418 with a hot water cylinder. A complication was that the smart thermostat was showing empty battery so I replaced it.

would having the battery empty cause the config settings to change? It is showing as TS which I think is the default setting but I don’t know if that is what it was at before.

can anyone give me anything to try because I have no heating (well don’t need that at the moment ) and no hot water. The plumber has gone home after spending hours here to be fair - he’s not a CH person, just a basic plumber and really didn’t have a clue about the boiler

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the boiler work with the Tado disconnected? What Tado equipment do you have?