Two Zone heating

Options

Hello

I am a bit stuck with a setup and wonder if anyone can help please.

We have a house which is divided for heating in two, main house and basement. The heating is served by one boiler with two zones, each zone controlled by a motorised valve. The main house has a basic tado installation configured for the heating only. The hot water is on a separate controller and boiler. The basement wasn't ready for heating until now so we have purchased a tado wireless extension kit (a thermostat) for the basement.

Can you anyone help with the wiring setup? When the controller in the main house calls for heat we want the valve to open for the house which it is doing now, when the basement controller calls for heat we want the valve to open for the basement. Finally when both main house and basement are calling for heat both valves would open.

I have attached a couple of pics showing the current setup...

Any help would greatly be welcome

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

The photos show you've already installed the Tado receiver, but you don't say what isn't working with the new setup. I note that you have two valves connected to the wiring centre, but you've cut the links for Y-Plan setup. You need an S-Plan setup for the system to work; I guess this is your problem.

• njmacleod
    Options
    Hi, many thanks for the reply... I will check with my plumber what's happened re the Y vs S plan setup.
    What we can't do it control each zone of the heating separately, I have two separate wireless thermostats, each added to the tado app, do I need to purchase additional kit? I saw tado used to have an extension kit but I think this was for wired systems only.
    As I mentioned we have two zones in the house, basement and main house, each zone have a five wired motorised valve to control flow to each zone. The ideal is:
    Zone 1 (house) calls for heat, boiler is switched on and heats the zone until the require temperature is reached
    Zone 2 (basement) calls for heat, boiler is switched on and heats the zone until the require temperature is reached
    Zones 1 and 2 call for heat, boiler is switched on and heats the zone until the require temperature is reached

Thanks again for your time and input