Locked Out of the App - Tado Won't Update its Password

Options

The change password routine - or the interface - on the app seems to be buggy so I made the change via a web interface but although Tado asked me if I wanted to bring the app into line it hasn't done that.

Normally I would delete an app and re-install but when I attempt that with Tado I get told I will lose my data.

As an ex database software developer I think this is probably unlikely to be the case but I would prefer not to risk it.

So, can I delete the app and start again without pain or is there another route to get back into my Tado app?

Answers

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you not have the button to sign out?

• Learmonth
    Options

I am signed out from the web interface but signing in on the app is impossible.

The tado app loads OK but then wants me to sign in. It ask if I want to "log in to tado.com" and offers my correct Username - although sometimes with an upper case first letter other times lower case? Whatever username and password combo I try I get the same message, "Your username or password is incorrect."

Can I delete the app and re-install without losing any data?

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

I doubt it'll change anything, but you can delete it. It's not keeping anything useful local, as it's a cloud service.

• Learmonth
    Options

Thanks, that's what I thought - it's just a dumb client.

I will give it a go and see what happens working with a fresh copy.