Boiler no longer called for heating

Options
Hi,

I've had tado installed for heating and hot water for 15 months and worked perfectly until this evening. My heating no longer works, making changes in the app adjusts the trvs but no heat comes. I have a Worcester greenstar boiler. From running some tests my tado app has stopped being able to trigger the wireless sensor to turn heating on or off and I am getting no heat, the receiver heating light is solid on all the time. I can however successfully trigger hot water on and off via the app. I've rebooted the power of everything and still no luck. My boiler is powered and has a green light. I'm a bit stuck what to try next, could the wiring in my wireless receiver have come loose around the heating terminals?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It could be a stuck relay. You could try giving the wireless receiver a firm tap and see if that helps. Otherwise, assuming you’ve got an s or y plan system, check that your external heating valves haven’t got stuck.
  • Weallo
    Options
    Thanks Johnny. I gave the wireless receiver a firm tap when the light was on but app showed heating off and it kicked correct operation back into life where unit was responding correctly to the app. If this keeps happening does the receiver need replacing?
  • Chapstar37
    Options
    I had to remove and replace the link in my extension kit. Also although using power the battery in the thermostat needed changing.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Weallo i would say if it keeps getting stuck then it’s a defective unit. Tado should replace it.
  • andybuk
    Options

did it occur last night too (the 15th)? I have the same issue. Problems with tado always happen towards or on the weekend.