w.Intercom = i;my thermostat has stopped working- images below-- can you assist please? I have tried on another rad — tado° Community

my thermostat has stopped working- images below-- can you assist please? I have tried on another rad

My thermostat is unresponsive. I have tried on a different radiator also and changed batteries but it is still unresponsive

Answers

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@Jackos_1 too many unknowns Jack … start with: was the TRV working previously? Or is it new? what does the app say? Is it offline? battery warning? Or unconnected (spanner) ? Does the app prompt say ‘Hi’ on the trv? Have you checked the battery voltage? Are the batteries in the right way? Have you waited two minutes before refitting batteries? Are there any lights when you fit the batteries? Or calibration lights when you refit it on the base/rad?

• All were working previously for several m months now -- I have another 8 in the house and all others are fine. The APP says it is off line and it has new batteries. its connected and it says Hi when I put it on. I also waited the 2 minutes before putting on as I know it recalibrates. The batteries are brand new and I use the same AA's in all the others. I have also rebooted the bridge and ensure that it is the right way up. Its weird as this one is central in the house also so if it was a bridge issue I would have thought that the Rads further away might be the issue but they are not and they work fine only this one is still off line. Thanks

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

Unless it's a problem with the battery contacts, that sounds like a problem with the TRV itself. We have one that liked going off-line occassionally, when it was the 'measuring device' for the room. It's behaved since we swapped the 'measuring device' setting to the other TRV in the room. May be worth checking: a) if the TRV connects by removing the TRV head and putting it close close to the bridge; and b) see if your TRV works when the room zone controller is set as 'independent'? If the TRV is under 12 months old, can you try try seeking a warranty replacement via the retail vendor?