Help needed with fitting.

Options
Hi,
Help needed urgently please.
I have a gravity fed system with a potterton pro max sl, the current thermostat is a British Gas wireless one with a wr1 wireless receiver and a Drayton lp112 controller.
We have fitted the tado as per the instructions and removed the Drayton controller and the wireless thermostat however, the wr1 seems to be stopping the boiler from kicking in. Can anyone help? How do we unwire the wr1?

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

The WR1 is redundant. Inside you should have wires on terminals 1 & 3. These wires need connecting together permanently. You can just move one of the wires so both wires are on the same terminal and leave the WR1 on the wall. If you want to remove the WR1 you'll need to isolate the Live and Neutral.

• Csx112
    Options
    Thank you for your reply @GrilledCheese2, luckily I managed to sort the issue but forgot to remove my post. The original wiring was bodged which completely threw me off. All up and running perfectly.
  • Csx112
    Options
    @GrilledCheese2 coming back to this post from my new one that I’ve cheekily tagged you in. There were wires in terminal 1 and 3 but the same only looked to be wired directly to the Drayton lp112 nowhere else. Would this be correct? One white cable into the wr1 with blue brown grey black and earth.
  • PDH909
    Options

thank you, this was a lifesaver. I foolishly attempted a Friday afternoon install and Tado support where about as much use as an ashtray on a motor bike. All good now