Boiler not heating radiators in evenings.

Options
The boiler heats up the radiators fine in the morning and at lunchtime, but not in the evening. Sensor says 16 degrees, so not even the 18 degrees it should be between heating boosts (heating should boost to 22 degrees in the evening). Radiators are tepid at best, so feel permanently chilly even wearing thermals. Professionally fitted system with thermostat only (old style stats on radiators).

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    How long has it been installed for?
  • Installed Monday, thought it might just be a first night glitch. Same today.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    It’s a learning system so will take a few days to figure out how much it needs to turn on the boiler to get to your target temperature. You could try turning the evening target temperature a little higher until Tado figures it out.

Does it heat to 22c in the evening? If it’s staying at 16c then something’s definitely not right. Is it linked to Alexa, Google or HomeKit?
  • Grasmere5
    Options

@MrsArcanum

mmm perhaps best ask the installer as well . . .

• MrsArcanum
    Options
    Thanks, wondering if the issue might be to do with where the wired box is, in the airing cupboard.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you mean that’s where the thermostat is then yes, you’re not going to get an accurate temperature reading. You can buy an add on wireless temperature sensor and use that as the measuring device. Put it in your most used room.
  • MrsArcanum
    Options
    We have a wireless temperature sensor. Though things seem to be better. Need to start the evening warm up later.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You said in your first post you only have a thermostat. Assuming this means the wireless temperature sensor, make sure it’s set to be the measuring device. Again, if your target temp is set to 22 and your Tado device is only heating to 16 there’s something wrong.
  • MrsArcanum
    Options
    Seems like the heating is okay now, though the water is not. Water should be on for a set block, which one would assume would keep the water up to temperature once water is used, but oh no. Thought I was running a nice warm bath this afternoon and it is cool. Checked water was running hot before starting to fill too.😡
  • MrsArcanum
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Would add, the boiler is not firing up to heat the water either. I have had to boost the heating when I don't need to, in the hopes of heating water, as nothing I have tried will get the boiler to fire to heat the water only.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think you need to contact your installer and ask what’s going on.
  • MrsArcanum
    Options
    Thanks for the advice
  • MrsArcanum
    Options
    Additional issues with hot water randomly not heating properly. Sometimes I get nice hot water, others despite boosting the hot water it remains tepid.
  • davidlyall
    Options

Also, please confirm if this is a combi boiler or if you have a hot water tank

• MrsArcanum
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I have a separate tank for hot water. Sadly, since the system was checked and rewired as the water would only come on with the heating, I have neither heating or hot water (was only no hot water but both have stopped working since being away for a while). Is there some update could be sent or should I try a reboot and if so what is the best way to do this.

I have a wired controller in the airing cupboard plus bridge and wireless thermostat.

Baxi Main condensing boiler.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You really need to talk to the installer (or get someone who knows what they’re doing). Sounds to me like it’s been incorrectly wired or your boiler isn’t working or there’s a stuck valve, but it’s impossible to say.
  • MrsArcanum
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Trying to get this sorted out has become a nightmare. Now getting swapped for a Hive - which supposedly for my system works better.
  • davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options
    There's no reason why tado wouldn't have worked. I would agree that its likely to be a wiring issue or possibly a faulty valve

I sincerely hope the installer isn't making you pay for both systems