Boiler active and scheduling.

Options

Hi all,

I've just installed Tado with my combi boiler and added 8 SRVs to the radiators that previously had TRVs. however 3 still need valves fitting.

Living Room - 2 SRVs + Room Thermostat

Dining Room - 1 SRV + 1 Towel radiator (No TRV)

Bedrooms, Hallway - 5 SRVs

2 Bathrooms - Towel Radiators (No TRV)

I noticed last night and today my boiler stayed active and heated the 3 non SRV radiators. My question is what is triggering the boiler to stay active. My understanding was that if the rooms with SRVs and/or Room thermostat were at temperature then the boiler would turn off however this doesn't seem to be the case. i.e. if all my SRVs were set to 17c and the room temps were all above, then the boiler would be off.

I currently have the Wireless Temp Sensor grouped with 2 SRVs in the living room and in the scheduling the Living room is set to 17 during the day.

Should I instead be setting the schedule to turn the living room off during the day or should I take out the temp sensor from the Living room group?

I don't mind the bathrooms and Dining Room radiators coming on when other radiators are on until I get round to fitting additional SRVs.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It sounds like one of the Tado devices was calling for heat. Were all the rooms at target temperature? Have you got early start turned on?
  • 1nfern0
    Options

All the rooms were over target temperature with no early start running. Am I right in my understanding that if all rooms are over the target temp then the boiler should be off and the temp sensor is ok to be grouped in the living room?

If so, I'll run through some troubleshooting on a per room basis.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    The temp sensor is usually used as the measuring device if it’s in a room. Don’t think that will make any difference. There are reports that Tado keeps heating slightly above the target temperature to avoid rapid heat loss, which might be what’s happening.