TRV on constant heat

Options
Hi,

I'm currently away for work, but my wife changed the batteries in one of the TRV's the other day. Since then, the radiator has been on constant heat. It is connected to the internet bridge, as I can see the updated heating chart, but changing the temperature manually on the valve or the app does nothing.

I got her to take it off again yesterday and check the batteries were correctly inserted, and that gave some relief initially. My daughter is having to sleep with the window open as that's the only way it will stop heating the room just now. It hit 27 Deg at one point!

Short of a reset of both internet bridge and receiver, is there anything else we can do?

Cheers

Comments

• IslaView
    Options
    For what it's worth, I've looked at a picture sent to me after the 2nd attempt at checking batteries and it shows the spanner symbol and desired temperature according to the schedule.

Will she need to reset the trv?
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

@IslaView seems like the radiator thermostat isn't calibrating correctly.

I'd try removing the batteries, waiting 10 seconds, reinserting the batteries and then wait the full minute before attempting to re-fit it.

Get you wife to double check the display immediately after the calibrating symbols disappear, it might flash up an error code if there's still an issue.