Moved house - hot water tank.

Options
Hi, at my last address the heating and hot water were supplied by a combi boiler. I used the wireless starter kit and 5 smart radiator valves.

We've recently moved and this place has a condensing Worcester green star boiler and separate hot water tank controlled by a wired in thermostat. Radiators in each room (some of the old very thin design).

From what I've read (although this does all go over my head a little) I need to buy a wired starter kit and hot water won't be controlled?

Bit of a long shot but is there any way I can use the wireless smart thermostat or is the wired kit a must with this new heating setup? If not do I just need the thermostat as I have the bridge from the old kit?

Any way I can also control hot water? Any thoughts much appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

You should be able to add this https://uk.shop.tado.com/products/wireless-receiver and control HW from there.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If you have a uk wireless receiver or extension kit then you already have what you need to control hot water. You should get the install instructions from the app.
  • Joec1
    Options
    Thank you Montage and Johnny.

Do I need to buy a new wired starter kit to pair with the wireless receiver or or can my wireless starter kit be used with my new heating system (wired thermostat, hot water tank, condensing boiler)?
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    The wired starter kit won’t work with the wireless receiver because you would wire the thermostat to the boiler instead. If you want to control the hot water you need to wire the wireless receiver to the boiler and hot water cylinder.

You unwire the existing wired thermostat and replace it with the wireless temperature sensor from your starter kit.
  • Joec1
    Options
    Great, that's what I have...thanks Johnny.