Radiator Thermostats

Options

I have a house that has Tado TRV on all the radiators and thermostats in each of the major rooms to allow better temperature control. However recently I have found that the app shows rooms are heating despite temperatures being higher than requested. Initially, I thought it was an error and checked the radiator and it was hot. It isn't just one room but randomly happens with each room. In the image below Bathroom 1 is an example of the issue.

How do I fix this??

Thanks

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It does this in my house too. As far as I can tell it’s a result of Tado tweaking its algorithms, or the display in the app isn’t updating what’s happening with the heating when it’s already turned off. I’m afraid that’s all I can tell you.
  • TheMonk
    Options
    I wouldn't mind if it were just a glitch in the app, but my radiators are on at that time. Given costs of gas these days last thing I want is to be heating rooms unnecessarily.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Thinking about it, that red dot on settings might be telling you that something’s off line, though everything seems to be working in the photo. You could try turning down your boiler’s max flow temp, Tado seems to struggle with overshooting more when mine’s set too high.
  • TheMonk
    Options
    Already turned down the flow temp. The red dot is one thermostat needs new batteries, but thats not causing an issue. Had a reply from tado...seem its their algorithm, where it heats if it detects falling temps even if you're above the set threshold and so less wear on boiler so they claim...seem a crap algorithm that fires the boiler constantly. Think will just need to lower temps further so then it'll actually heat to required temps!
  • TheMonk
    Options
    I sent one message to ask them to provide a fix for this issue because the system is heating the home upto 20hours a day....some rooms are boiling! Then just noted on the app randomly heats some rooms eventhough it's above the set temperature. Tado's reposnse was as follow (perhaps I've misinterpreted it, but sounds like they've adjust the algorithms - this would also explain why batteries starting to deplete in under 1 year on the radiators!):

"The tado° Smart Thermostat is a PID controlled thermostat. This means that tado° not only looks at the current temperature but also at the overall temperature trend.

In other words, it will turn the heating on until the room temperature increases just above the set-point. Then the heating will remain off until the temperature starts to drop.

In doing this, tado° can prevent your heating from switching on and off too frequently and thereby protect the boiler from excessive wear and tear. It is also much more efficient in terms of energy usage.

It can also happen that, when tado° notices the temperature is dropping very quickly, it will start to heat in order to prevent the temperature from dropping too far below the set-point, even though the current temperature is above the set-point."
  • TheMonk
    Options
    Also just to clarify every single radiator in the home has a tado thermostat. With room thermostats in frequently used rooms. No other supplementary heating is used
  • Montage
    Options

Sometimes, less is more. I'd try paring down the system somewhat.