Gravity system

Options
I have a gravity system. Tado says it needs the blue setting for a this type of system.
Having set it up for this requirement I note that even just asking for heat the water light comes on as well.
Asking for water heat on its own is ok.
Usually if you have a 3 position valve you can have either both on, or heating, or water.
Why cant tado do this.

Comments

• royi
    Options

@bucko see previous thread about Gravity systems setup - you might have a pump Gravity system, which you might have to change to Y plan. Provide details of your setup.

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/17605/why-wont-my-heating-work-but-hot-water-does#latest

• bucko
    Options
    Hi I do have a pumped gravity system. I selected the blue LED program as it says gravity.
    Should it be the green LED as I have a 3 way valve to switch independent water heating?
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

There are pumped systems, there are gravity fed systems, but there are no pumped gravity fed systems.

It’s about how the water circulates, not whether you have tanks in the loft.

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

@bucko the correct setting is Y-Plan, not gravity. This setting will give you independent control of HW and CH.

• bucko
    Options
    :) thanks for the comments I'll try the y plan
  • bucko
    Options
    All working. Be aware anyone who has a gravity system with a 3 port valve, and immersion tank.
    You need to select the Y plan option.ie green LED.
    Selecting gravity system ie Blue LED doesn't fully work.
  • royi
    Options

@bucko glad you installed tado with no issues and it's fully working i.e. operating hot water separately. tado needs to remove all reference to gravity-fed for the UK, as it's causing issues.

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

It just causes confusion and most people don’t have one.