TADO burn times.

Options
I’ve now got 4 TRVs on the rasa testing them today-so far so good.

1) With regards heating if you install more TADO valves does the box get predictive and start giving you longer burn times?
I’ve asked helpdesk if TADO can change fan speed and they say no-but can they change burn times instead? and are they useful?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It will give you longer burn times if more devices are calling for heat for longer periods, or indeed if just one device is calling for heat for longer periods, if that’s what you’re asking.
  • hipponax1973
    edited January 2023
    Options
    with one TRV the temp
    never seemed to come up-with the room sensors alone it was a little
    better. I get that the burner isn’t always on as the pump will circulate hot water around but i found with my boiler it would only burn at most once every ten minutes by which time everything had cooled
    sufficiently to be a waste of time
    18-19.5 takes about 90 mins across 4
    rads!
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Sounds about right on a low maximum flow temp and with fairly minimal insulation. I don’t think it’s a problem with Tado tbh. Have you tried turning up the maximum flow temp?
  • main issue is it doesn’t matter what i set the max flow temp to it only burns to about 45
    then switches to flow instead with the return flow instantly dropping 10 degrees… i’ve tried to keep the non smart
    rads about 19’deg (poor insulation in old flat)
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    I think you need to get your boiler checked, Tado will be trying to ramp up the heating much higher than that.
  • actually when i unplug tado it happily
    goes right up hence why i’m confused-it’s not a condensing combi as it has high
    exhaust temp but is apparently a very efficient burner instead
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If it’s not condensing then it’s very inefficient. I think I’ve said this before but it sounds like your boiler isn’t communicating properly with Tado.
  • aye the question is why…. i tuned tado off, left the TRVS on with the bridge, all rooms got toasty quickly …. makes me wonder why i’m paying for tado
  • just to add-support are trying to work out what’s going on-
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    It sounds like whatever protocol it’s using - I think you said ebus? - isn’t fully compatible.
  • TADO setup says it’s the one to use-reckon should try OT?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If your boiler supports it then sure, why not.
  • well according to tado it doesn’t but it doesn’t say anywhere that it doesn’t
  • so ive tried OT - it reacts much quicker to calls for heat and sqwitches off more quickly. This might not be ideal for the boiler (eg too much on an off) but seems to be working much better. ILl see how it gets on for a few days and then try the ebus again.