4GEE Wifi Mini Connection Issues

Options
Hi,

I've recently bought and set up a 4GEE Wifi Mini to use in an unoccupied house to be able to use Tado smart heating remotely to make sure the heating works (temperamental boiler I'd like to keep an eye on).
I've connected a TP Link wifi extender with an ethernet port to the 4GEE wifi, and use this to connect to the Tado Internet bridge as it needs a wired connection.
This works excellently... until it doesn't. Every day the Tado internet bridge loses connection and the Tado system goes offline, the only way to fix it is to go to the house and reset the 4GEE Wifi Mini router. As this is currently taking a lot of time out of my day, is there any known way to fix this? Apparently it’s impossible to reset the EE router remotely which is very unhelpful.
Cheers!

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You could get a remote power switch connected to HomeKit or Alexa and plug the router into it, set it to turn on and off for 5 minutes every morning? That might do the trick.
  • Hi Johnny,

I’d just come to that conclusion myself! Currently googling whether smart switches hold their schedules locally...
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Yeah I was about to add that. I think (emphasis on think) HomeKit devices have a local schedule but not 100% sure.
  • hugbilly
    Options

Or just use an old fashioned electromechanical plug in timeswitch . . .

• WillYZF
    Options

@hugbilly Seems to me to like a perfect & cheap viable solution.