E151 Error with Atlantic Perfinox 4124 BVIR - Impossible to use TADO

Options

Hello,

Several issues with my TADO Wireless controlling an Atlantic Perfinox 4124 BVI R boiler. The system is set as OpenTherm.

• E151 with big noise when the system tries to run the boiler at a very low level. There are 3, it is on 1 that I have a problem with. Difficult to know what TADO is sending as everything is hidden. Maybe there is a setting that the LMU does not accept. With TADO I cannot access those settings.
  • The regulation is quite poor compared to my basic ON/OFF Thermostat.
  • It is a bit of a shame as the OPENTHERM seems working fine otherwise with TADO.
  • I do not fancy going back to an ON/OFF system with TADO..

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Download the Tado pro app and see what your boiler’s max flow temp is set to. You can try raising it if it’s too low. Not sure what you mean about the levels or regulation.

Instructions here https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/8611/release-opentherm-max-flow-temperature-setting/p1
  • TDF60
    Options

Thanks Johnnyp78 for the links. Very interresting read. I did set the max flow at 70° as previously. The issue that I am having is when TADO send a command at low power. There a 3 levels, it is on level one.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Where are the levels? Do you mean the bars when you click on the room? It might be that your boiler can’t modulate low enough or if you have Tado trvs that it’s locking out because there’s too much of a pressure build up.
  • TDF60
    Options

Exactly I meant the bars on the Room next to the set temperature.

The pressure is around 1.6 on load .

I have never experienced any issue with low level modulation. The boiler is already equiped with an Opentherm regulator and it was controlled by an ON/OFF basic thermostat. I thought TADO would replace this basic thermostat.

TADO seems not controlling match and it seems that on the phone it creates some logs but I do not know where it is stored as on files there is nothing.